Wednesday, May 18, 2005

hope...

The wait is long and can be so frustrating. Sometimes I do feel tired and feel like giving up. "Do what you will to me and I'll just accept it." I've wrestled and struggled with God and with myself. I have found my HOPE lies in God and God alone. Accordingly to John Maxwell, he says that Hope is "Holding On, Praying Expectantly". The waiting is draining me but I want to draw new strength from Him each day. The waiting distracts me but I do want to focus my vision on Him. Thank you all for hoping and for standing in the gap for me. Despite all that is around, let's hold on and pray in anticipation.

Romans 8
v18
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed to us.
v24-25
For we were saved in this hope but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

v28
And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

v31
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

v37-39
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor power, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Comments:

At 8:25 PM , Blogger willywei said...

hi sir,

this is liwei, if u still do remember me. Press on! For God knows His children and their needs.

 
At 1:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When God speaks to you as He will..He will not tell you audibly..You may not hear your voice .. You may not see any unusual experience.. it generally comes through your conscience - a sort of growing conviction that such and such a course of action is the one He wants you to take. Or it may be given you in the advice of friends of sound judgement - those who love you most. God speaks sometimes through our circumstances and guides us, closing doors as well as opening them.. He will let you know what you must do, and what you must be. He is waiting for you to touch Him. The hand of faith is enough. Your trembling fingers can reach Him as He passes. Reach out your faith - touch Him, He will not ask "Who touched me?" He will know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home