Monday, May 16, 2005

waiting...

It's been over two weeks since all this began and yet all I can do is wait. Those of you who know me well would know that I'm one who like to forge forward and that this is really a test for me. I also like to be in control of things in my own life and to set the direction for myself. Now, even the next step for me to take is to be dictated by someone else. Please pray that God would grow my patience and help me to cede control of my life to Him. I'm reminded that I've just got to "trust and obey because there's no other way to be happy in Jesus".

Pray for the students I teach as I'm away from school and a temporary teacher has to cover my classes. I don't want my absence to affect their learning adversely. Pray for the waterpolo team, the other teachers-in-charge and the coaches as training resumes tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I find waiting one of the most difficult things to do too. It suffocates and numbs, yet the desire and anxiety of wanting to do something strains against you creating so much energy. I sometimes think this is what happened to Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane as he waited, unable to do anything.

 
At 1:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seek God, my friend. God fights your battles and wins your victories. We all reach a point when every resource is depleted, all strength is exhausted, and every human possibility has vanished. When we reach the end of ourselves, we are ready for a miracle and a victory in
God's presence. "And the LORD our God delivered him over to us; so we defeated him, his sons, and all his people."

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger ding said...

Yes. At the end of it all I want to be able to say that it is HE who had delivered me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home