Friday, December 16, 2005

divine coincidences...

On the first court hearing last week, I was waiting alone for my lawyer at the lobby area outside their office when I heard a few lines of a song that goes something like..."you lift me by my hands...to higher ground". If you can recall my blog entry on Tuesday, October 11, 2005, you can see the "coincidence". I see this as another of God's grace for the moment.

Yesterday, I was early for our 1st pre-trial conference and decided to have some coffee at one of the cafes across from the courthouse. As I sat there, I was drawn to the cafe's signboard. The cafe was probably owned by a Christian as written on it was the verse Deuteronomy 8: 3 - "He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD." When we've been humbled and deprived, we learn to appreciate the simple but divine. Another of God's "little graces"?

God is good!!

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed God is good!!! All the time!!!

Thanks for sharing many God's "little graces" as I thought of the verse from the letter of Paul - 2 Cor. 12: 9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

The few of us were edified by your sharing over the x'mas tea. We will surely continue to pray with and for you... Let's fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God (Heb. 12:2)

 

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home