Wednesday, September 28, 2005

praying for the school...

Being away for this long period of time allows me to look at the life of the school from a different perspective.

It pains me to see how "insiders" pit themselves against each other (perhaps unknowingly - teachers against teachers, parents against teachers, students against teachers, ...) rather than to take up arms together to fight against those who dare challenge the advancement of God's work in and through the school. We fight not only against our own human condition (pride, prejudice, envy greed, ...) but more so against the principalities of this world. The evil is pleased when we Christians battle against one another rather than rally united under God's banner of truth. The devil and his "partners" are happy when our beacon of truth and light is diminished and we fail to uphold our witness to God's mercy and grace.

If we fret and sigh over the state of things in school (and even our society), have we done anything positive and constructive rather than ruminate and gripe? Where is our faith? Even small faith in our Faithful God will result in greatness. How will God come and heal our land (and our school) if we His people will not humble ourselves together and seek after Him. Do we honestly think that just by our great efforts and work (individual as well as corporate) we can move the Hand of God to advance the mission of the school?

I'm not writing all this from a "higher-than-thou" position as I know full well my own failings. But the Lord has provided me a "vantage point" through my time of "forced exile". May God speak to you as I share with you what burdens He had placed on me and the lessons I am learning myself.

I may be away from the school, but my heart is with all of you who continue to "fight the good fight" in the Lord's name there. I will be united with all of you in the great enterprise of prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home